Sunday, April 1, 2007

Share Your Thoughts...

While PlanPDX will be interviewing many members of the Parkrose neighborhood, we can't get to everyone. Please help us by sharing your thoughts on our blog. Here's a couple of questions to get you started...
  1. How has Parkrose changed over time?

  2. What would it take to get you more involved in the neighborhood?

  3. What do you like about your neighborhood?

  4. What do you feel can be improved about the neighborhood?

  5. What do you envision for the future of your neighborhood in 5-10 years

Thanks for your time and input. We look forward to meeting you in person at the community meeting on April 24th!
-PlanPDX

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. How has Parkrose changed over time?

I've only lived in the neighborhood for three years but I get the sense that Parkrose is becoming younger and more ethnically diverse.

2. What would it take to get you more involved in the neighborhood?

I work at night and therefore can't attend evening meetings. That and child care would be my biggest hurdles.

3.What do you like about your neighborhood?

It's very diverse culturally and economically. There are still many lovely old homes and it's a nice place to walk through. It's convenient in terms of both mass transit and freeway access though I'd rather use these less and be able to take care of my needs locally.

4. What do you feel can be improved about the neighborhood?

First, and most important--there is nowhere to gather. No coffee shops, no family restaurants, no parks. Without kids in school, I don't understand how people meet each other here. I'd like to be able to spend my money in the neighborhood and meet my neighbors while doing so but apart from Parkrose Hardware, Better Bargains, and Ruthie's Rags, Parkrose doesn't offer any of what we need most: good, healthy food and places to meet people. We certainly don't need anymore strip joints!


5. What do you envision for the future of your neighborhood in 5-10 years?

Thinking positively: a place where kids can walk safely to school on sidewalks. A variety of businesses on Sandy Blvd including an independent cafe or two. How about a bookstore? A yarn shop? A nursery? A library branch? Some places where people can gather, share their passions, and build community.

Anonymous said...

I am in total agreement with all statements made by magpie. I could not have said it any better.

I have lived in Parkrose for 5 years now my husband and I have a 9 month old son.

We would really like to get more involved. It would be helpful if events and meeting were over the weekends so that we could attend.